Manitoba Invites 626 Immigration Candidates Under “Expression Of Interest” Draw
Manitoba has issued 626 Letters of Advice to Apply for a provincial nomination in a new Expression of Interest draw conducted May 11, including 151 candidates in the federal Express Entry pool.
Manitoba’s Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) said the Express Entry candidates invited through its Express Entry-linked Skilled Workers Overseas sub-stream had to have a job seeker validation code and at least six months of recent experience in an occupation on the MPNP’s In-Demand Occupations List.
The lowest-ranked Express Entry candidate invited had a ranking score under Manitoba’s Expression of Interest (EOI) system of 562.
Express Entry candidates whose application for provincial nomination is successful receive an additional 600 points toward their Comprehensive Ranking System score.
A total of 267 candidates in the Skilled Workers in Manitoba Stream were also issued Letters of Advice to Apply, or LAAs, with the lowest-ranked candidate having an EOI ranking score of 500.
A further 109 LAAs were issued candidates in the Skilled Workers Overseas Stream. The lowest-ranked candidate in this group had an EOI ranking score of 602.
These candidates had to have the following:
- A close relative residing in Manitoba or past education or work experience in Manitoba;
- Declared a regional destination;
- At least six months of recent experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list; and
- A minimum language proficiency of CLB 5 unless work experience is primarily in a regulated occupation (minimum 7) or a compulsory trade (CLB 6).
The draw also issued 99 LAAs were under a Strategic Recruitment Initiative through the Skilled Workers Overseas Stream, with the lowest-ranked candidate having a score of 706.
Strategic Recruitment Initiatives include:
- Recruitment missions. These overseas employment/immigration fairs involve MPNP representatives interviewing foreign skilled workers and subsequently inviting them to apply after they have made a formal Expression of Interest (EOI) to the MPNP.
- Exploratory visits. The MPNP may invite people who have undertaken a pre-approved Exploratory Visit and passed an interview with a program official.