Express Entry Rounds of Invitations
If you are eligible for Express Entry we will add you to our pool of candidates for immigration to Canada.
We rank candidates in the pool using a points-based system called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). We regularly select the highest-ranking candidates from the pool and invite them to apply for permanent resident status. Getting into the Express Entry pool doesn’t mean that you will be invited to apply for permanent residence. If you are invited to apply you still have to meet all eligibility and admissibility requirements under Canada’s immigration law (the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act).
Each invitation round has a set of instructions that are:
- posted online at the time of the invitation round
- used by the Express Entry system to invite candidates from the pool
The instructions include:
- the date and time of the invitation round
- the number of candidates that will get an invitation to apply (ITA)
which immigration program(s) are included in the round (if it applies – some invitation rounds may only invite candidates for one program, for instance, Federal Skilled Trades only)
if the instructions don’t specify an immigration program, that means the invitations are based on CRS scores, no matter which program criteria were met.
Express Entry Reports
Express Entry: Early Observations on November 2016 Improvements provides statistics on Express Entry candidates during two periods:
- January 1, 2016, to November 18, 2016
- November 19, 2016, to May 31, 2017
The report includes information on the:
- candidates in the Express Entry pool
- characteristics of candidates invited to apply
- applications for permanent residence through Express Entry
Results: Rounds of Invitations
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system – February 7, 2018
No program specified
Number of invitations issued: 3,000Footnote *
Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,000th or above
Date and time of round: February 7, 2018, at 16:55:01 UTC
CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 442
Tie-breaking rule: May 29, 2017, at 07:01:15 UTC
- If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
|CRS Score Range||Number of Candidates|
The numbers in this table reflect the total number of people in the pool overall, a few days before an invitation round. The score distribution may change as people submit new profiles and other profiles expire.
The table numbers in italics are a detailed breakdown of the bold number immediately above.