Caledon Community Services Helping Newcomers Find Their Way
Caledon Community Services (CCS), is thrilled to announce they have expanded their programs to include a wide range of settlement services and programs. In these challenging times it has been even more important for CCS to help newcomers to Canada become better integrated with the community in Caledon and surrounding areas. By becoming a part of a community hub in the new Southfields Community Centre in Southfield Village, Caledon, Ontario, they are in the heart of Caledon’s growing neighbourhood. Thanks to additional government funding through IRCC and community partnerships, CCS is now part of a hub that is home to several organizations all located in this unique space. This hub will meet the broader social needs of the community and these exciting expanded services will include a dedicated Settlement Counsellor, providing assistance in a variety of ways whether that’s help in finding a place to live, securing a new job, or filing government forms, newcomers to Caledon and surrounding areas can find the help they need.
Newcomers will have access to the settlement integration services that include referrals to various group workshops and information session for language and skill training, employment services, general settlement sessions that include:
- Healthcare system
- Social assistance (O.W/ ODSP)
- Housing Supports
- Credential Assessment
- Education System
- Language and skills training programs
- Recreational community services (PAMA, Peel recreation, Canadian Tire)
- Employment services
- Legal Services
In addition to a variety of group workshops and local LINC language classes, the expanded services will include a more individualized approach to client service. This will include entire families with a variety of needs.
Available settlement services include a range of one-on-one sessions such as the following:
- Ontario Education system
- Ontario Health Care system
- Social Assistance
- Housing Assistance
- Canadian Culture Life in Canada
- Introduction to the Labour Job Market
- Referral to community and government programs
- Help filling out forms and applications such as birth registrations, SIN, CCB, new/renewal of permanent resident cards, family sponsorship applications, travel documentation, work permits, school registration, citizenship applications, child care subsidies
Other available services include guidance with interpretation and translation
- Over the phone or in-person interpretation
- Assist with interpretation of documents
- Help to arrange interpretation Services
Subsidized transportation and childcare may be available for LINC clients who are eligible. CCS also provides community transportation as a fee-for-service option for anyone living in Caledon. In addition, seniors and anyone with disabilities have access to specialized transportation services.
The past year has brought about many unpredictable life changes and challenges for everyone. With the Southfield Settlement Services location, Caledon Community Services is now even more connected with to the needs of the growing newcomer population within the community, giving more individuals and their families the assistance they need to build their lives, right here in Caledon.
CCS also welcome you to connect with them on their social media channels including: